Development Manager at Gametek
Working in a fast paced, competitive environment at William Hill Gametek, we see that you are innovative, creative and contribute to new thoughts and ideas. We work in small independent teams that are responsible for their own products, aiming to manage everything from deployment to operation. This means that development occurs at a high speed, from the teams ideation, via checked in code, into production. Together with the team, you get a lot of freedom and great opportunities to influence the product!
As a development manager, you manage one or many self-organizing teams in their ongoing efforts to improve the products and processes - both individually and as teams. You report to our CTO, are part of the development team management group, and more often your daily work means staying out of the way as teams tackle the various challenges. You protect the teams from unnecessary riots, remove obstacles that the teams has decided would distract attention from progress.
- Observing the team work in your product teams, its stakeholder engagement and guidance on improving its impact and throughput
- Coaching scrum masters and tech lead on your team to help them determine their skills and make the process sharp and team-oriented, working closely together to allow the team to excel
- Supporting your teams in communication with product owners and other stakeholders in several forums
- Facilitate continuous improvement throughout the organization in tight collaboration with the other development managers
- Recruit new team members when needed, in cooperation with our HR team
- Personal development for your direct reports including salary and budget responsibility
Together with the other Development Managers you’re in close cooperation through weekly meetings where you can share ideas and feedback - we learn from each other in an open and personal environment, whilst having a lot of fun!
- Have been working with development teams in agile environments for several years
- Understand group dynamics and have a good understanding of how to support team transition from one phase to another
- Know the difference between internal and external motivation
- Understand the principles of smooth and managed software development very well
Applicants must be available for personal discussions in Stockholm.
As an employer we value individual differences and welcome your application regardless of gender, disability or cultural background.
Since January 2019, Gametek is part of William Hill International and we are market leading in responsible playing – what we call Green Gaming. Gametek is supplying William Hill International, Malta with technical deliveries for the iGaming platforms available on e.g. www.mrgreen.com, www.redbet.com and williamhill.se.
Visit www.gametek.se for a glimpse of what we do, how we do it and who’s doing it.